Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accountant will help to shape and maintain processes that enable better decisions through excellent insights, smooth business processes, and compliance. You are a strong team player and an excellent communicator who knows how to get things done. You have prior experience in an accounting role which may include data processing and/or data entry and the use of general office machinery. You conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity. We are a Seattle based Food Manufacturing company with a Finance team presence in Vancouver BC. We are a private company that operates like a public company building a solid foundation. We have big growth plans, and as the Accountant, you have the energy and drive to help us build the foundation.
The Role Will
- Assist with the monthly close process, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of month end journal entries and their respective working papers.
- Assist the AP department with invoices and vendors related to business transactions in the Seattle area.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and completing Inventory Control Measures for Raw Materials, WIP and Finished Goods.
- Assist operations teams with physical inventory counts both on site and at third party warehouses, as necessary.
- Maintain ongoing and accurate records related to physical inventory supply and analyze those records for trends.
- Assist with the development in reporting of inventory records and supply reports on regular basis to leadership
- Excellent customer service abilities required and account management skills a plus
- Assist with general administration duties as needed.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
- Consist of both a remote and office-based environment with 2/3 days a week physically on site at either the plant or warehouse.
- Have a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Are adaptable and thrive under a constantly changing environment.
- Are self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Share our passion for transforming our world through food with your “everything is possible” attitude.
- Have a strong attention to detail and operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Having experience in a similar role or industry would be considered an asset but isn’t a must. More importantly is your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Are able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place as necessary
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- CoVid-19 Vaccine Required.