At Performance Kitchen, we truly believe that Food Is Medicine™. Our team of Registered Dietitians & Chefs have developed over 60+ nutritionally balanced meals, which are prescribed by doctors and adhere to 100+ diagnostic codes.
Performance Kitchen was originally founded in 2011 with a mission to make delicious food that people want to eat, not have to eat. We create culturally inspired, frozen ready-made meals with real, wholesome ingredients. Our ingredients are carefully sourced and we always stick to the standards listed below:
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Pork - GAP certified (Global Animal Partnership)
- Beef - grass fed diced beef, ABF ground beef
- Chicken - ABF (Antibiotic Free)
- Seafood - Sustainably sourced
- Dairy non RBST (recombinant bovine somatotropin)
Our assortment is inclusive of many cultures in the US. Performance Kitchen meals are evaluated by a team of chefs & experts to ensure the flavors are authentic. Providing meals to members using familiar flavors that they enjoy, greatly increases the members' satisfaction.
These medically tailored meals address chronic conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease, as well as offering a selection of vegan, dairy free and gluten free meals. These meals are covered by insurance plan benefits, to help members manage their chronic conditions and get their health back on track.
Our approach to developing meals is unique. We focus on formulating meals that meet our nutrition standards first and improve the flavor second; adding herbs & spices to enhance the meal rather than sodium. This helps us offer a wide range of flavors to our members.
Our nutrition standards were designed by our team of Registered Dietitians to meet exacting criteria.
Their recommendations are sourced from the advisory committees listed below:
- US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
If you, or a family member are on a Medicaid, Medicare or Medicare Advantage Plan, consult your case manager to find out if this Healthy Food Benefit is available to you.