If you’re undergoing cancer treatment or living with cancer, it’s crucial to maintain a nutritious diet. Doing so can help you feel better and stronger during your treatment by enabling you to maintain a healthy body weight. Additionally, it’s important to get enough protein, calories, vitamins, and minerals to prevent malnutrition. If you become malnourished, it can make you feel worse and may make it necessary to pause your treatment. Malnourishment can also increase your risk of infections.
Given how important nutrition is when being treated for cancer, we’ve put together a bundle that may be helpful if you’re too tired to prep and cook nutritious meals. Our ready-to-heat dishes are filled with nourishing ingredients, including hearty portions of vegetables, to help you get the vitamins and minerals you need. These meals also contain a minimum of 13 grams of protein, while some meals even have twice that amount or more!
Always talk to your healthcare provider about any side effects you’re experiencing so you can get advice about how to manage them. Meanwhile, these pointers might be helpful when dealing with the side effects of treatment.
- Eat a high-protein meal when you feel hungriest. This might be a good time to heat up a Performance Kitchen meal since you know it has adequate protein.
- Prepare and enjoy foods that smell good to you. The aroma of a meal can help increase your appetite.
- Have some nutritious foods handy, so you can eat them when you’re hungry. Since Performance Kitchen meals are frozen, they can help with this.
- If you aren’t feeling well enough for a meal, protein shakes and smoothies can help you get the nutrition you need.
- If you’re nauseous, avoid foods that have strong odors, and eat in a well-ventilated room that doesn’t have any cooking scents.
Again, everyone’s experience with treatment will be different, and it’s best to seek advice from your provider when you’re dealing with difficult symptoms.