The DSD Route Manager’s primary focus is to oversee and implement an efficient direct store delivery sales program in the Seattle, WA area, working out of our headquarters in Burien, WA. Key responsibilities include delivery route driving 3-4 days per week, route scheduling and optimization, coordination with production and storage facilities on wholesale and owned retail store deliveries and pickups, management of a team of 2-3 drivers, and setting the example of excellent execution during store visits. The DSD Route Manager is responsible for elevating service levels and merchandising programs with key strategic grocery partners in the Seattle, WA area.
We are a scaling and lean organization, and this role combines DSD driving, management and a high level of team collaboration. We are searching for a candidate who is independent with an entrepreneurial minded, and a proven ability to work exceptionally well with cross-functional teams and external customers to troubleshoot and elevate their experience with our brand. This role reports to the Director of Customer Development.
- Oversee and optimize the Pacific Northwest direct store delivery program
- Operate as a delivery route driver 3-4 days per week
- Create schedules and approve team adjustments and hours
- Oversee equipment leases and maintenance required for delivery trucks
- Mange a team of 2-3 drivers; hiring, coaching, and conflict resolution
- Lead coordination with production and storage facilities to regulate efficient raw and finished goods transfers
- Be the face of the wholesale direct store delivery program – working with grocery managers, store staff and merchandising teams to build the brand
- Partner with the internal sales and marketing team, owned retail store teams, and external wholesale grocery managers to implement point of sale creative, promotional displays, and support sampling events to drive excellence and increase confidence in our brand
- Work with sales leadership to execute on alignment of customer needs to assortment, merchandising programs, and company growth plans
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Business, sales operations or related education and experience
- 3+ years of relevant direct store delivery sales experience, with 1-2 years in a management role
- Excellent customer service abilities and account relationship management aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Experience with or interest in healthy/natural/organic CPG brands is preferred
- Ability to work exceptionally well with cross functional internal teams and external contacts
- Strong leadership skills, and an exceptional team player
- Capability to thrive in an entrepreneurial fluid environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and prioritize
- Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis as well as routinely enter and exit a delivery vehicle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time/40 hours per week